- Our core values, Aspire, Learn, Laugh, Love linked to the IB learner profile attributes are at the heart of our curriculum. These values and attributes enable our pupils to leave Eastcote as confident, caring, internationally-minded citizens.
- The International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (PYP) is the framework used for teaching our curriculum which is informed by the National Curriculum. All staff at Eastcote are committed to providing pupils with an exciting and flexible curriculum which is developed around our pupils interests and needs. Everyone is involved in it’s development with the shared aim of ensuring pupils at Eastcote are independent inquirers, who are curious and excited about learning.
- The PYP Framework is guided by six transdisciplinary themes. These themes provide opportunity to incorporate local and global issues into the curriculum and allow pupils to make real connections in their learning and go beyond the confines of learning within subject areas.
- As part of our yearly curriculum planning and evaluation cycle we have ensured our curriculum maintains clear progression in knowledge and skills, and progresses coherently both vertically and horizontally.
- Targeted interventions and adaptations are used (both educational and pastoral) to support pupils in developing their basic skills, and enabling them to access our curriculum to achieve their full potential.
- Eastcote’s ‘Curriculum for Life’ teaches all aspects of RSHE in an age-appropriate and sequential order to meet the needs of our learners
- Our curriculum reflects the school’s local context by ensuring pupils develop understanding of other lands, religions and cultures and their own and others’ race, challenging prejudicial views, stereotyping and derogatory language and promoting positive attitudes towards diversity and equality.
The Primary Years Programme (PYP) is a transdisciplinary curriculum framework that offers authentic learning experiences.
The PYP encourages students to learn to appreciate knowledge, conceptual understandings, skills and personal attributes as a connected whole.