- Home reader books are changed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. We encourage children to read the book twice – once to sound out new words and find what the book is about and the second time to read it with more fluency and answer questions about its content. Please write in your child’s reading record book as to how they read. We will hear your child read regularly in school to assess their progress. Reading is essential to progress so please try and hear your child read as often as possible.
- Spelling and maths champion targets will be sent home on the first Friday of each half term and be tested on the last week of each half term.
- P.E. The children will be doing PE on Mondays and Wednesdays.Please ensure all belongings are clearly labelled.
Please ensure all belongings are clearly labelled.
Unit of Inquiry
Theme: Where we are in place and time.
Central Idea: Throughout history, people have connected with each other and learned through play.
We will inquire into:
- How we play
- How people find out about the past
- How play is different or alike over time