- Reading Records are checked every Thursday. It is expected that the children read at least three times a week and this is recorded in their reading journal. Structured reading comments are now made within school. Reading out loud is a skill so please try and encourage your child to read to you.
- Spelling and maths champion targets will be sent home on the first Friday of each half term. There will be an informal test on 10 spellings every Friday and the whole list will be tested on the last week of each half term.
- P.E. The children will be doing PE on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please ensure all belongings are clearly labelled.
Unit of Inquiry
Theme: Where we are in Time and Place.
Central Idea: Past civilisations influence our lives in many ways.
We will inquire into:
- Past civilisation migration and exploration
- How we know about past civilisations
- The ways of life of past civilisations
- Past civilisations impact on present life in Britain